Thursday, June 13, 2013

Judge, jury AND executioner - literally.



Army vet says police killed his dog

Adam Arroyo says police had the wrong apartment

Updated: Tuesday, 04 Jun 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 04 Jun 2013, 10:15 PM EDT
BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) - Adam Arroyo was at work Monday when his apartment was raided by police. He says they raided the wrong apartment and his beloved dog was shot and killed.

Arroyo is an Iraq War veteran and has lived with his pit bull "Cindy" in his west side apartment for several years. Monday was routine. Arroyo left for work shortly after two o'clock, but not before tending to Cindy.

"I bring her in, I tie her up and I always rub her face like, 'See you later, baby.' And I leave," said Arroyo.

He says he always ties her up in his kitchen because he's learned, if he doesn't, she likes to chew on shoes and clothes. Monday was no different, but hours later Arroyo's landlord was calling telling him Buffalo Police were raiding his apartment.

"I got here as fast as I could and I saw the carnage. I saw what happened. My house was flipped upside down, my dog was gone," he said.

Cindy had been killed and Arroyo looked at where she died in horror.

"It was the blood on the wall and the gunshots and the bullet holes," he said.

Buffalo Police say controlled drug buys are made before raids take place and they believe they had the right address. Detectives on scene say the dog was not chained at the time.

"You can even tell by the scene where the shots were and how far the chain reaches because if the dog was out anywhere else, as soon as someone knocks on my door my dog is by the door. So how come there is no blood on the ground?" asked Arroyo.

He says there are two upper apartments at his address. He showed News 4 the search warrant that describes the suspect as black. Arroyo is Hispanic. He believes the police went to the wrong apartment.

"They had no right, no evidence because if that was the case they would have found stuff here and I would be in jail," said Arroyo.

Buffalo Police Commissioner Daniel Derenda has opened an internal investigation, which will be conducted by the Internal Affairs Division. Arroyo says drugs haven't ever been sold from his apartment and he is planning to hire a lawyer.
Copyright WIVB.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Link me YOUR experiences, please.